View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 01:30 PM   #71
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
Yeah it would be great if someone would make a small, battery operated homelink opener that would clip on to the visor, and optionally remove the clip so it could be stored in the center console or something like that.

But seriously if you have a '19 and really want homelink, go get one of these:
https://www.ebay.com/p/Gentex-85ADFM...4731031&chn=ps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo NYC View Post
Let me know when is ready
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko04 View Post
They would be sacrificing the screen for backup camera that is integrated into the rear view mirror if they got the mirror you linked. That’s not a good trade off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVRKLL View Post
That looks like something I want.
I have the remote and the app, but it's not the same as a Homelink in the overhead console.
Is the wiring harness still in the overhead console if the car does not have HL?
I purchased my car from a private owner that did not opt for this option and would like to add it.
Is the face plate you show a GM part...sure looks OEM.
This would be a pnp if the wiring harness is up there tucked away

I as well as others would like to know more about this DIY of yours...please inform/educate us on this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
Probably because it's an Impala and not a Camaro and they don't share the same platform or much else for that matter.
Thats not why, as you know its only a circuit, one has nothing to do with the other, its GM the wanted to save some cash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotaman96 View Post
I'd still rather just reach up and touch the Homelink button rather than fumbling with my phone to open an app to open the garage.
Like we said in the past, with the new mirror came some trade offs, as the mirror has no ONstar buttons they had to put them some where, and you got it it was in the overhead counsel, that meant something had to go, it ended up they removed the home-link.

we did not like that so we used a factory 2018-16 home link overhead counsel and added the new ONstar buttons from our 2019 car, then we made the harness to work with the new home link and add a radar detector cable, and last we also added the new mirror with with the rear view at the same time.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote