View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 04:03 PM   #1
SJFGTO
Oh Oh it's Friday Night!

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE Nightfall Gray
New ZL1 ILE owner, WOW!

Just picked up my Nightfall Gray Metallic 1LE. Only had a 40 mile drive home from the dealer, but three things stand out.
1) The internet and magazines don't do this car justice. It is flat out sick in the best possible way. The metallic gray and the carbon fiber pieces and wheels scream pure evil. The interior is so ergonomically correct, shocking it came from GM (and I am a life long GM man, my Dad was a Chevrolet dealer for 40 years).
2) The engine, tranny and rear gears are just so sweet. The whole combo works great together. Not sure if the Camaro is any faster than my GTO which dynos 580 at the crank but is lighter, because it is a different kind of fast. But it is so much easier to drive. The Goat has a big cam, LTs, catless mids,etc and sounds/feels/smells like a muscle car. Comes alive at 3000 rpms. The Camaro has instant power everywhere and just goes faster, faster, faster...Amazing that a car this fast is so smooth.
3) Handling! Wow!!!! Good lord this Camaro is incredibly firm, tight and responsive to the touch. But it is not twitchy. Just goes where you point it, now.
Got a roto-fab, TM throttle body, NX lid and a few other pieces to add. But right now, just going to enjoy a truly amazing car as is.
2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE NFG; ARH 2” headers, catless mids, ARH full exhaust, Lingenfelter 18% lower pulley, ATI Harmonic Balancer, Roto-fab CAI, EE-catch can, TM ported TB, NX Lid, BMR strut tower brace. Aeroforce dual pod interceptor gauges. Tuned by Vengeance Racing!!! 644 HP @ 6250 rpm / 689 trq @ 3660 rpm

Four that wanna own me
Two that wanna stone me
One says she's a friend of mine...
SJFGTO is offline   Reply With Quote