Thread: 2SS 1LE or ZL1
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2021, 09:45 PM   #41
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor5244 View Post
Agreed. That is why I am driving what I am driving now. The Teslas instant torque around town is the easiest car to drive quick without creating a lot of drama. It is all about the quick shove back in the seat and regen braking brings you to a complete stop at the next light without even having to apply the brakes. True one pedal driving when dealing with traffic and if you are feeling lazy you can let the autopilot do the work.

The Miata has always been a riot to drive. 2300lbs, close ratio 6 speed manual and top down always puts a smile on my face. It is the opposite of the Tesla. Going back and forth between these two cars is hysterical as they drive so different and that is why I like them so much. I do miss the roar of the V8 Camaro from time to time but eventually I think I would like to get a C8. I drove one at the Ultimate driving experience event a few weeks ago and it was a blast. Still hard to believe there is no manual in the C8 but the DCT did shift pretty nice on track and held the gears well in the turns. Turn in and braking was obviously better in the C8 but the Tesla Model 3 Performance still feels stronger on acceleration up to about 80mph or so. The Tesla will make you lose you stomach on hard acceleration whereas the Corvette acceleration feels more linear. It just has to do with how electric motors deliver torque vs. a V8 with a transmission. Both fun in different ways.

Still worth it. I live in Punta Gorda so there are still a few roads I can let loose. By the airport there are a couple dead end roads where I can practice launching. The Sheriffs HQ is just down the street and last time I was doing it my radar detector started blaring lol. Dead end street so no evading them.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote