View Single Post
Old 12-01-2020, 03:53 PM   #7950
Idaho2018GTPremium

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I imagine that Ford built the GT500 strong enough to handle a lot and this may have been a tune issue. Or operator issues...like perhaps Stangmode grenaded his car for views and stuff. Or it is just a publicity stunt. It is hard to tell when it comes to YT celebrities and such. I honestly might fall back on ridiculing Ford for this simply because it came from a YTer. These guys always have to be the first to do everything. First to hit 9s, first to tune, first to make 917 RWHP, first to blow up their engine. If it came from a relatively unknown person then it might hold more weight. And considering that SM and SP both are having issues with their Shelbys, I'm gonna go ahead and assume it is just publicity. For now...
I would think all these modern factory supercharged engines are pretty strong, but I don't think any manufacturer purposely builds their ~600-700 rwhp engines to contain 1000+ rwhp for permanent, hard repeated use. They can probably handle it for a while, but as a case study: look at what Dodge did for the Redeye version of the Hellcat: Dodge beefed up all of the engine internals just to go from 707 hp to 797 crank hp. Now imagine going up by 300 rwhp how much stronger the internals would need to be to handle that power reliably, in the long term. That's 350 crank hp with no internal changes! Obviously, the stock internals would not be strong enough long term, otherwise, engineers wouldn't have the need to beef up the Hellcat just to go up a "measly" 90 crank hp for the Redeye.

Can these blocks and internals handle high hp? For a while, but really at that power level it's only a matter of time before something bad happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Yea I think I mentioned that he is highly modded at this point. I mean, cams and such. Again, I'm starting to wonder if it is just an attention seeking thing or if it is legit. It's just kinda suspicious that him AND SP both are having issues at the same time. And some other dude has a highly modded GT500 and is having issues. These days these YT guys are all looking for new content to keep their viewers hooked. I lost my job, my wife cheated on me, my dog ran away, my daughter is pregnant...and all sorts of other non car related stuff to keep their soap opera going, lol!! Maybe blowing up an engine like the GT500 is the golden ticket for now.
Yeah, his GT500 has a ported blower and TB, LTs, intake, cams, E85, etc. I don't recall what he did with the fuel system. Stangmode has followers on YT, but not enough to make him rich off his views IMO. Maybe he's trying to take it to the next level with this. He may have enough views to fund some of his high hp desires, though. Certainly not enough to replace the GT500 long block on his dime without it hurting a bit. Another theory I just thought of is maybe he already had a built short block ready to go and is using this stunt to get more clicks.

Past:
2018 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP1, MR, and A10
2007 MazdaSpeed3
1995 Pontiac Trans Am
1987 Camaro Z28

Idaho2018GTPremium is offline   Reply With Quote