View Single Post
Old 12-01-2020, 12:29 PM   #7944
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
I feel like the Mustang tank is realistically only fit for the Ecoboost models. A V8 with a 60 L/15.9 US gal tank isn't gonna be enough. In fact, that's smaller than the gas tank on the Mazda6 2.5T I am driving now. That's the gas tank capacity you find on most midsize Sedans with much smaller engines.

Maybe it was done for weight reduction, but IMO that tank size would make me paranoid on road trips.

Sent from toaster or something
Which makes sense considering the Ecoboost makes up 60-70% of the total cars sold. Sucks for the 30-40%^ of others but for the masses it makes somewhat sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Looks like some of the modded GT500s are already starting to blow TF up. Stangmode's blew up and it was only at about 900 RWHP. And some other one blew up but was over 1100 RWHP. At least so the story goes. 900 RWHP to me is not really a level where these cars should be grenading. So perhaps it was a tuning issue. Or maybe Ford didn't make them as strong as people think they are. The LT4 seems to be good to about 1100 RWHP. If anything the trans is the weak spot at those levels. Kttxz06 made it all the way to about 1200+ to the wheels before the trans finally gave out on his ZL1. I'll probably call it quits around 1000 RWHP. But if the GT500 isn't strong enough to handle that then they're pretty much gonna lose the mod wars. For the record, Hellcats can handle over 1000 RWHP easily as well.

And if I remember, didn't SP also have some issues with his GT500? Looking at all the complaints coming from owners, I'm starting to really think Ford rushed this car and badly.
Always interesting when it comes to modded vehicles blowing up. It can be any number of things, sometimes its just luck. Buddy of mine has 2011 GT, its in the low 9s still on the factory stock 6R80 trans and runs like a champ.

Like you said, could be a tune, could be operator error, could just not be as stout from the factory. Tough part when people blow it up is getting the truth lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
And the fact that Ford doesn't seem to be confident enough to warranty these cars when they are on a track also says a lot.
Ford has always been wishy washy about that. GM did it right by saying SS and up on track if you are stock you are covered. Major props to them. Ford gets into the nitpicky ticky tacky stuff. Like if you slip and say you were racing against others your screwed but if you are at test n tune it's ok. Its total BS the way Ford words it.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote