View Single Post
Old 10-01-2020, 03:11 PM   #2
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexnBlair View Post
Hello everyone, I just joined the Camaro world last night. I purchased a 2016 Camaro 2LT RS with the 2.0T engine. Which is weird for me as I am typically and old school muscle car guy and usually go for the V8 engines. Anyway, I am looking to do some simple upgrades to get some additional HP but not looking to go too far.

Here is what I am thinking of doing:
-Cold Air intake
-Larger Throttle Body
-E85 Conversion
-Downpipe
-Catch can
-Cat back exhaust or axle back exhaust
-PCM tune

Any advice on what order you would recommend? I wont be doing this all at once. Also, anything you would suggest I do different, etc? I am not a turbo knowledgeable guy so this is where I am starting, LOL

Thanks for the input everyone! Im looking forward to getting started!

Cold Air intake = Don't waste your money here. The stock airbox works perfectly. Just install a "K&N style" stock filter into the box.

Larger Throttle Body = Definitely do this right away. Noticeable mid range pull even on a stock tune. ZZP, RPM Motorsports (yikes) and hopefully soon Solar Performance are your options for the larger 67mm Throttle Body.

E85 Conversion = If you have access to E85 fuel, #1 I hate you #2 do this install right away to have it ready. You may need additional tuning for this to work properly on a stock tune. You may want to wait until you get your car fully tuned when adding this.

Downpipe = Get a "catted" downpipe #1 it sounds better and #2 catless smell bad. I recommend Mishimoto or ZZP. Other brands charge way to much (aFe) and are sketchy A.F. (R.P.M. Motorsports).

Catch Can = I recommend the full Mishimoto set up. Do not use anything janky like "make your own" or ZZP's awful set up. Also, watch out for Tracy Lewis, the guy just never gives up.

Cat back exhaust or axle back exhaust = Again, I highly recommend the Mishimoto "Pro" Cat-Back Exhaust as it's absolutely the best sounding exhaust you can buy ($$$$). The Magnaflow cat-back sounds pretty good as well ($$$$). Then there's the mysterious Injen cat-back exhaust system that literally no one on earth has installed on their car ($$$$). Also, I really like the design lay out of the Injen set up. I can almost guarantee this exhaust is going to sound really good on this car (from past experiences with their exhaust on other cars). I can't hold it against you if you can't swing the insanely expensive cat-back systems. I'm not to sure on axle-back options because none of them sound good to me. People seem to like the Borla or Flowmaster axle-back though. Whatever you do, DON'T BE A CHEEP ASS and do the god-forsaken "muffler delete". I can't stress to you how awful it sounds. Do not let anyone tell you differently. This car absolutely needs some sort of muffler to sound tolerable. If you can't afford an exhaust, leave the stock suitcase muffler on. Thank you.

PCM tune = Trifecta, Cooper's Camaro, Vermont Tuning. DO NOT USE THE FOLLOWING "TUNERS" - ZZP (no gains), BNR (blow up your motor and disappear), RPM Motorsports (just no), yourself (your not Wook Wook) or your friends garage (this car is extremely complicated to tune).

you are also forgetting:
Air Intake Tube
Charge Pipes
Intercooler
Larger Turbo
JackFab/BNR Recirculation Valve
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance

Last edited by Start The Machine; 10-01-2020 at 03:23 PM.
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote