View Single Post
Old 08-16-2019, 09:33 PM   #5
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdhyperblue View Post
With a 174+ stat have no issues getting the oil temp enough to cook off the water on E
Same here, I run a 160° stat with zero issues.

So now explain to me this, how in the heck is "moisture" getting into your oil from burning E85? Unless you are pouring pure E85 into your oil you shouldnt have any moisture in your oil. And before you tell me E85 absorbs moisture, I know that but it isnt like it absorbs ounces to gallons of it each tank. I highly doubt for someone who runs a tank of E85 out every week that you would be able to tell a difference in the moisture content of the E85.

There is a very slight, and I mean slight amount of unburnt E85 that makes it out of the combustion process, and even then a even more slight percent of that unburnt E85 might make it past the ring lands into the oil system.

You are making a mountain out of an ant pile. Change the oil every 5k or when the OLM tells you to, otherwise throw your money away and change it every month or 3k.

I have ran full synthetic and E85 for several years now, zero issues.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote