View Single Post
Old 07-02-2019, 09:11 AM   #76
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
That's because Mustang guys are willing to spend the money. Mustang has had quite a few expensive models over its history and people are more than happy to pay.

I guess that's the benefit of the Mustang being the only Ford V8 performance car. There is nothing above it to steal sales, like the Corvette is to the Camaro.
Agreed - I've said this before as well.

5th gen sales can't be compared to 6th gen - the 5th gen benefitted from the Camaro hiatus and everyone was excited to be able to buy a new one again. Move forward to the 6th gen, it's better in every way, performance, style, weight - yet doesn't sell nearly as well.

There are many reasons for this, but these are the two major ones:

1. Corvette - lots of Camaro owners step up to the next level of performance after they own a Camaro, that's the Corvette and the C7 is a huge jump from the 5th gen Camaro while still being relatively affordable.

2. No more hiatus hype - simple supply and demand...all of those who wanted a new Camaro and were excited to see GM bring it back already bought one. Some will trade up into the new gen, while a lot more will be happy with their original purchase. I've seen in with the 3rd and 4th gen owners - most wait 2 generations to buy another Camaro if they didn't buy a Vette. Fewer will buy the next generation as in this 5th vs 6th gen case.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote