View Single Post
Old 04-16-2021, 11:31 PM   #18
ACEPA
3 Camaro man!

Drives: Camaro 2.0 T
Back on torque converter shudder

Hi All Camaro fans
The next episode: 2018 2T A8 shudder. Trying to negotiate such an issue in Shenzhen in China is like asking a Ford dealership for GM help.
It took me 2 months to get the new transmission oil because mobil does not import it into China. I visited the local Camaro, Buick and Cadillac dealer and asked them if they had done a transmission flush and refill but for the hundreds of A8's they sell they said they have never done one. Shocked at such a response I asked them how many owners complained about such vibration and they said many. But he said the drivers here just prefer to continue to drive them with the condition. This means many cars will need new torque converters and transmission in the future. OMG GM is fooling the world over the A8 problem. I made a decision to do the overhaul myself. The transmission is flushed, filter changed and the new oil installed. Tomorrow I will test drive to see the result. The local Chevrolet dealer was helpful but really did not want to get involved. The strange thing I have local lady friend with yellow 2018 2.0T Automatic at 25,000 miles that purchased her Camaro the same week as me at the same dealer and she does not have this shudder problem???
ACEPA is offline   Reply With Quote