View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 09:31 PM   #102
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1Greg View Post
It kills me how people rant and rave and find faults with these Camaros. The engineers can't design and build a perfect car for everyone. If you want different features that a Camaro doesn't have then by all means sell it and get another vehicle. I knew what I was buying when I bought mine and enjoy it. I wish people would stop complaining about the Camaro and be thankful they are still building them. Maybe the Gen7 needs to be a SUV variant according to the way some think or maybe a truck.
No one says everyone but you certainly could have designed it to satisfy more.

For example is ther a reason why they couldn't have given the Camaro the same trunk space and lift over height of the ATS coupe? May have cost a small bit of rigidity but the rchitecture enables it.

Could they have made thebelt an inch lower and the roof a 1/2 taller and still had a great looking car with better visibility? Yep

They fell in love with what design staff has done for years on EVERY design.....slammed roof, high belt and giant wheels. Looks awesome on paper and excites a group of people. But it is a smaller group of people.

The failure is thinking GM could not have added a few inches here and ther and still had an awesome looking car. They could have but chipose not to.

By accepting a smaller trunk, less rear seat room and worse visibility than the Mustang they reduced the number of potential customers regardless of the STUNING performance advantage the Camaro has until 2018 where the Mustang will have a bigger trunk, better visibility and a better rear seat AND equal performance to the Camaro, assuming GM doesn't have a 30 HP bump of their own.