View Single Post
Old 05-07-2020, 08:31 AM   #12
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFS197 View Post
If you can tell there's an underlying reason for the aesthetic modification, then I'm ok with it. If at a glance it just looks like they made the change for the sake of the change, then it really just depends on the mod itself.

The ZL1 front bumper I don't see as a positive change for any models below the ZL1 itself, unless the driver is specifically utilizing the front canards on the ZL1 1LE package for his road course setup, then cool. It's like the ZR1 front bumper conversions for Corvette's, too. It allows for much more air to reach the engine bay and allows for more cooling. It's about 50/50 in the community as far as who gets it for aesthetic reasons and who doesn't.

Someone is bound to chime in and say that it doesn't matter what someone does to their car because it's their money, etc., etc. But I do think that there are modifications that certainly reflect upon the community. Gaudy modifications or blatant upbadging just discredits the brand. Look at how most of us view imports in general and the modifications commonly associated with them.
This
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote