View Single Post
Old 05-06-2020, 11:39 PM   #1
The_Lot_Guy

Drives: 2016 Chevy Camaro 2SS manual
Exterior mods debate

I’m making this thread after looking into tire stickers (raised white lettering mainly) as I think it looks cool and I debate doing it myself. Seems the consensus within the Camaro community is its something not to do. Now I whole heartedly agree with the sentiment of “your car, your choice” but the best argument against it was the comparison to spinner wheels and how certain fads come and go. I admit, 15 years ago I thought having 26 inch spinners on your Escalade was cool, when I see them now I laugh.

The stance I’m about to take on a different exterior mod choice, will undoubtedly bring strong disagreement from other owners but I feel the need to express my opinion as it relates to the pet peeves we all have when it comes to certain mod choices.

IN MY OPINION...lol
1. I hate seeing SS owners change over to the ZL1 front end. Yes I love the look of the ZL1 grill, but I find swapping it on to your SS a form of “up-badging”
2. Side window louvres, that’s mustang tat
3. Under lighting (low glows) tisk tisk.

Obviously I respect and admire anybody’s customizations because we all have different likes and making your car your own is awesome. I mainly brought this up to stir the pot in a sense and have a thread for light hearted debates on what any of us find distasteful or uncool.

Let the arguments begin!
The_Lot_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote