Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRuss View Post
Hey Forum,

Here's what I did:

Roto-fab dry CAI - installed by me
Soler Engineering TB - Installed by me

Car ran fine no issues, somewhat better throttle response for a couple weeks

Next, (all installed by local speed shop)
Speed Engineering 1 7/8 long tubes
Speed Engineering 3" catless mid-pipes
Stainless Works NPP 3" in axle back
Flex fuel kit
Tune for E85 and 91

Dyno was 419HP and 448TQ (said it was because E85 was more like E50?? and a HOT day, >100 degrees)

I was thinking should have been more like 440HP. Car is definitely quicker but is just too loud for my taste. I'm talking "piss off the neighbors" loud. I know I'm 53 but dang I'm not THAT old. I've been driving in Stealth mode and still too loud. I had the same set-up (almost) on my C5 Corvette and it wasn't nearly so loud, it did have catted mid pipes tho. I like a good deep growl but sheesh. I keep setting off others car alarms at work when I start it.

If I go with 3" in/out cats will that tone it down (and make it legal) or should I do something else?

FYI, I have factory NPP and had been driving with fuse 51 out and liked it but a little louder would have been fine with me. This is A LOT louder.

Any advise will be appreciated.

Yes, 1 spark plug boot is touching the header on each side so I have heat shields on the way.
Something is very wrong here Should be 440 RWHP easy on E-50

Heat shields are not the answer move to MSD wires with bendable plug end for maximum clearance.

Let me know If i can be of assistance.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote