Thread: JRE Tune
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2019, 06:36 AM   #8
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Hello Mak, Congrats on the 18 SS.

Unlike Turbo cars were we can turn up the boost via the tune the gains will not be similar.

GM did a great job on the tuning Best we have seen in history, but emissions compliance keeps a lock on things that we can free up.

Tuning is the first step in any modification path as we need access to the computer for every change.

HP and Torque increases come from the parts and tuning makes the parts work to there full potential.

For simple bolt on packages we do regularly you would install the parts flash our tune and enjoy, as we move in to fuel systems cams, superchargers etc then we need logs and a few revisions to nail it down.

Whether something is worth something to you is a personal choice we can't make for you.

Feel free to contact me directly via phone or email both in my signature.

Ted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakCamaro View Post
I posted this on another thread as well. I am new to the Camaro world, so any advise would be highly appreciated.

I bought my European 2018 SS A8 in the UK a couple of weeks ago. I don’t plan any mods for the time being, I am just considering a tune. What would be the benefits of doing just that in terms of hp and Tq? Is it worth it? Would a tune void warranty?

As a previous Mustang EcoBoost owner, I had a device (Accessport) which I used to datalog, export datalogs to my computer and emailed them to my tuner. Then he would send the updated tune back to me, I would transfer it to the Accesspot, which I would use to flash the tune to the car. This would happen 4-5 times until the final tune was flashed.

Is it a similar process with the HP tuners device? I am really interested, but first I need to know what the real benefits would be.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote