View Single Post
Old 07-07-2018, 08:48 AM   #51
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
650HP Convertible with a warranty is tough to beat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Ive only driven a manual Gen6 ZL1 as well. What makes the A10 give you wicked feel more?
The A10 ZL1 vert can launch hard and I mean HARD. No bog whatsoever. The vert has no ELSD, so
just maybe it's the lack of the extra TM that comes with the ELSD that makes it just a little bit better than the coupe. The lightning quick 1-2 shift at WOT is a kick in the kidneys.

In the vert, the roar of the exhaust and whine of the supercharger with the top down is hard to describe. It just has to be experienced. I've driven some hard core hot rod car guys around in the car who were pretty low key types. Every single one of them giggled.

I searched for a good F5/Superformance Cobra for several years until I found this car. Nothing else I could find under $75k comes anywhere close to the same driving experience. I knew it was the car for me in the first 5 minutes. It made me laugh the same way driving a 450+hp 2500lb cobra did, without the headaches they bring and the high probability of death 3 seconds after matting the throttle.

With the ZL1, I get shiny paint, perfectly new everything, cooled seats, more toys, and a factory warranty in a car that gives me smile every time I think about it

My advice to the OP: If the ZL1 doesn't make you smile when you look at it and giggle when you drive it, then don't buy it.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote