View Single Post
Old 12-23-2020, 11:03 AM   #3
SFV1LE

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue ZL1 1LE
Oil reading on this car is very random--never seen that on any other car. My advice is to only check oil in the morning, 15-20 minutes (like dealer said) will definitely not return accurate results. You need to wait at least 1+ hours.

The weirdest thing I see is that after a change to fresh oil for track events, my car burns ZERO oil after 2 days at the track of 3-4 sessions/day of hard driving on a very demanding track like Auto Club Speedway, with frequent long runs over 150 down the front straight and other high speed straights--I'm doing laps in the top 10. This includes two 1-hour drives per day back and forth to the track from my house in LA to Fontana. I check the car the next day and oil level is still not a hair lower than when it was filled 2 days prior to the track event.

Fast forward a couple of months and maybe 1000 miles street driving on same oil after an event like this, and my car seems to consume some oil at random intervals from casual canyon drives in LA hills or around town--maybe none for a few hundred miles or maybe 1/8 quart.
SFV1LE is offline   Reply With Quote