View Single Post
Old 05-17-2022, 10:41 AM   #12
SJFGTO
Oh Oh it's Friday Night!

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE Nightfall Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFV1LE View Post
Unless you're a pro driver you aren't going to notice it, and maybe even they don't actually "notice" it. But to say that you can't stiffen a car that has no bar crossing directly over between the strut towers doesn't make sense to me. Why do race teams add seam welding, bracing and other reinforcements throughout every race car they build from a stock chassis? Because it stiffens and therefore improves it.

If the bar cost $1000 or made any contact under throttle I wouldn't buy it, but it's cheap and fits perfectly and I know my front suspension is reinforced to the max so it makes sense to me.

The GM product people are going to say it doesn't make much difference because they didnt want to engineer and pay for a different Camaro brace to fit the ZL1 supercharger, they nickle and dime every $10 for max profit. And if it doesn't stiffen a Camaro why do they have a Camaro brace available? I don't think the ZL1 has any additional bracing or welding vs. the standard Camaro they made the strut brace for (maybe I'm wrong).
I hear ya. I did not say you could not “stiffen” a car further with a brace. I said I could not feel the difference or see any difference in lap times after I added mine. So whatever the brace adds as far as “stiffening” is not a tangible benefit, at least in my experience. Just trying to give the OP some real world feedback is all. It does add some bling to the engine compartment where it is sorely needed IMHO!
2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE NFG; ARH 2” headers, catless mids, ARH full exhaust, Lingenfelter 18% lower pulley, ATI Harmonic Balancer, Roto-fab CAI, EE-catch can, TM ported TB, NX Lid, BMR strut tower brace. Aeroforce dual pod interceptor gauges. Tuned by Vengeance Racing!!! 644 HP @ 6250 rpm / 689 trq @ 3660 rpm

Four that wanna own me
Two that wanna stone me
One says she's a friend of mine...
SJFGTO is offline   Reply With Quote