View Single Post
Old 12-20-2020, 07:48 AM   #2
metros11

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
I don't think the slow sales have anything to do with the lack of aftermarket support. Most people won't bother modding their cars, and higher percentage of cars sold are typically lower end models. I think the Camaro has four things going against it really:

1. The stigma of driving a Camaro. Most people just think that a Mustang or a Challenger is cooler to own.
2. Looks. To each his own, but overall the competitors have better looking cars. This is not to say the Camaro is ugly by any means, but I think it lacks distinction from the previous generation and the wow factor in base forms.
3. Ease of daily use. Most people who buy the cheaper models do utilize them as daily drivers, and the people who can afford the higher end spec's variants are of the older crowd. This generally leads to complaints of ergonomics, "limited visibility", and ease of getting in and out.
4. GM has ZERO marketing for the Camaro. It's just amazing to me that for a car that has such awesome driving habits and performance value, the general public has no clue. With that when shopping for a performance car the conversation generally ends with "oh, but it's a Camaro". See point 1.
metros11 is offline   Reply With Quote