View Single Post
Old 06-16-2020, 04:28 PM   #29
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSS18 View Post
In all honesty, do yourselves a favor and just order the ACS Composites. They really are the best option out there and are the closest to OEM that you will get as far as quality and fitment. I have heard so many issues with Ikon, EOS, C7, ZL1 addons. They either don't fit great and have gaps, the tape doesn't hold, they switch out the hardware because the hardware provided is no good, the paint is not good, some don't have any instructions with them. ACS has everything you need and it is quality. On top of that, they have the best customer service and will take care of you. They also offer to my knowledge, the only rock guards that are compatible with side skirts and still look good and not like a flimsy mud flap. They also have a undertray to compliment the front splitter. They are a bit more pricey, but like someone already stated on here, you get what you pay for and when you pay as much for these cars as we do and you want them to look nice, you just put good quality parts on them to last your investment.
I can completely follow your comments here as I am a VALUE-conscious consumer moreso than a PRICE-conscious consumer. I knowingly pay more for specific kinds of products because the one I am buying will outlast a cheaper version or be easier to use or.... you get the idea.

In this instance, I am willing to put in some time and effort to achieve the fit and finish because there is a major cost difference against other products. If, when I take this out of the packaging, it simply doesn't fit properly and will take a lot of work, then it's going back and I will be forced to try an alternate route.

I bought a convertible and have already ordered the windscreen, am looking at getting a PPF install done, and need quality floor mats. That's a fair amount of add-on cost beyond the car, so anything I can do to control the costs is in my favor. If I were open to spending the kind of money required for ACS (double what I've spent on the EOS products), I would have just bought OEM.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote