View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 12:07 AM   #330
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp23rockstar View Post
As a brand Cadillac is lost. The reason why the Camaro and Vette sell is because of the styling and performance. People that buy German and Japanese luxury sedans don't even consider Cadillac. It's ironic because the new Cadillac sedans are lighter and handle better than their counterparts. The Escalade sells well because of the image it projects. Cadillac's sedans styling just isn't doing it, not saying the 3 Series of the worlds light up design department either. From all the accounts I've read the F30 BMW 3 series is a German Camry with rwd. It's nothing special, but I guess now that the young guys are getting older, they need easier car to drive with less "weightness" of steering and more Buick like ride. I always thought BMW stood for the ultimate driving machine. Seems hardly like that right now with how numb their steering is in their cars.
As far as the F30 goes, you are pretty much on target. The car still be optioned to give the driver something to enjoy (namely DHP or Sport line), but it has gradually changed to match its biggest buyer, older American drivers. The same ones that drove Cadillacs before. Now Cadillac has made good driving/handling cars but there's no market for them in the segment anymore, especially with a lot of BMW owners not considering any domestic as competition regardless of the facts. BMW still can build amazing cars, but the current 3 series is not the ultimate driving machine anymore.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote