View Single Post
Old 03-15-2016, 10:08 PM   #28
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogsFan75 View Post
You guys have some serious fanboyism going on in this 6th gen forum.

Since you have the Internet as you said, go to Chevy.com and build a 2016 2SS with NPP, Brembos, ground effects etc and come back and show me how affordable it is. The one I built was over $50,000. That's just silly,
This is not a logical argument, I'm sorry. All of this is based on basic mathematics, and has nothing to do with fanboyism, so the attempted insult rings a bit hollow; but thanks for trying.

Just because you CAN option up a car to the moon with accessories, doesn't mean the car in general, is expensive.

A 2SS starts at $41,300, and that's a loaded car with tech, appearance, comfort, and safety equipment. Put Mag Ride and NPP, and you've got an M4-beating car for less than 45 grand. Ground effects, 6-pistons, and "etc" are all fluff that is only needed based on preference by the buyer alone. In those cases, the buyer will WANT to spend that money...and so still...it wouldn't be "overpriced".

What you're proposing is akin to telling someone the 5th gen SS was too expensive because a 2SS plus the $4500 21" wheel package made it too pricey.

Furthermore,

The turbo four cylinder starts at $26,700, right in line with the rest of the competition (except it includes more stuff standard), and the SS models are expensive because they're heavily contented. Add a track pack to every Mustang GT that is compared to compensate for their lack of standard track cooling, and consider that each SS bears the costs of standard RS equipment.

The reality is, the Camaro line is not "overpriced."...

...The upper performance models are just heavily contented, and the price reflects that.

Please, let's try not to turn this into a 5th vs 6th, in any way...