View Single Post
Old 03-11-2017, 04:34 PM   #5
GAHDOOSH
GAHDOOSH

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard0nee View Post
I agree with laynlo, getting wider wheels with the correct offset is the way to go.

With that being said, if you have to use them I'll give you my opinion on them since I have used them for over 7 years on my other cars as well. If you are going to use them, then do the following and you'll be fine.

- Always try get them from a reputable company like Eibach and H&R's. Those companies have been using spacers for off roading and such for years. Not sure about Ebay brands, just risky to me

- Always torque them down to spec! Torquing it tighter is actually more riskier so nothing over 140 ft lb (torque spec for the SS)

- Always make sure they're hubcentric IE Eibach/H&R's make it model specific for our cars that fits flush on our bore/hub

If you do those steps correctly, the spacer and wheel assembly will work well as whole unit and you won't have issues. I have them for over a year now, went over 125 mph w/out a single issue or vibrations. Then again, I have high quality spacers from Eibach and installed them correctly.

Only reason I have looked at these is from the post

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=449883

Honestly the reason I am going for spacers is because I like the GM 5 Split spoke wheels I have but wish they sat flush with the edge of the wheel well.

Open to suggested high quality brand spacers, please link! I don't want to replace my wheels or buy wider ones and increase my yearly maintenance cost

2016 1SS 6.2L LT1 Manual 6-Speed, Front Emblem Blackout, Rear Bowtie Delete, Side emblem delete, Phastek Side Marker Tint, GM Black Taillights, $23.57 of Premium Gas this morning

GAHDOOSH is offline   Reply With Quote