View Single Post
Old 03-11-2017, 04:26 PM   #4
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
I agree with laynlo, getting wider wheels with the correct offset is the way to go.

With that being said, if you have to use them I'll give you my opinion on them since I have used them for over 7 years on my other cars as well. If you are going to use them, then do the following and you'll be fine.

- Always try get them from a reputable company like Eibach and H&R's. Those companies have been using spacers for off roading and such for years. Not sure about Ebay brands, just risky to me

- Always torque them down to spec! Torquing it tighter is actually more riskier so nothing over 140 ft lb (torque spec for the SS)

- Always make sure they're hubcentric IE Eibach/H&R's make it model specific for our cars that fits flush on our bore/hub

If you do those steps correctly, the spacer and wheel assembly will work well as whole unit and you won't have issues. I have them for over a year now, went over 125 mph w/out a single issue or vibrations. Then again, I have high quality spacers from Eibach and installed them correctly.
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote