View Single Post
Old 04-11-2021, 06:15 PM   #34
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
From mikemollc:

1. Do you guys think it’s better to just build my current older ss or just hop on the LT1 train.
  • If you can afford to do it then it will be a nice performance and technology upgrade. But your 5th gen is a better car than the 6th gen. I have owned three 5th gens, a 2SS, a twin turbo 1LE, and a ZL1. I have also owned a 6th gen 2SS, a ZL1, and now an LT1. I thought that 2016 2SS was my favorite Camaro ever, but now my LT1 is the top dog overall. I paid about the same $$ on my LT1 as my 5th gen 2SS.And I got a good deal on that Camaro.

2. The recaros you can option in the LT1 the have the heated and cooled seats but they aren’t wired from what I seen on this forum is that true.
  • This is true. And you can buy a hookup to add the seat ventilation. However seat ventilation on the Camaro is not effective hardly at all unless you have the AC on down low. As for me I would rather have the seat heater. The LT1 is the only V8 Camaro that comes with all seasons but yet you cannot get heated seats on an LT1.

3. How do these lt1 motors handle and drive with boost not looking to go nuts just 550-600whp are my current goals. (Is there room to grow after)
  • The LT1 has the same suspension and front brakes as the SS so it will handle big power. But after ruining my 2013 1LE with twin turbos I would say you are better off with a ZL1 if that is what you want.

4. How does the LT1 stack up to the 10 speed 5.0 I was looking at those as well and I have a buddy with a 15 pony with the auto 6 we have done work to and its fast!!
  • I can tell you stock my M6 LT1 runs with A10 Coyote Mustangs mildly modified both with a CAI and tires. Someone I raced often was a well driven 2020 A10 with the stock higher gears. They did not get the .355 option as they are planning a power adder later. I think out of 5 runs I only lost once where I overslept at the line and they edged me out. We both ran 12.1s my best was 12.10 similar to the Mustang. For sure in mineshaft Atco weather my LT1 is an 11 second car.

5. How do most cars come equipped from the dealer I heard the cars aren’t being built right now so ordering one might take a while. The must haves for me are auto, the tech pack, but I really want the recaros, dual mode exhaust, black wheels[/QUOTE]
  • Good choices! Get the Recaros, they are some of the best sport seats in any car. I ordered with the famous Becky. And it was a great experience having my LT1 delivered in Motor city. But sadly she has moved on.

The difference between the new LT1 and the SSes is explained in this link:

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=577077

Last edited by Fraxum; 04-12-2021 at 09:36 AM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote