View Single Post
Old 09-30-2017, 10:17 AM   #79
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
There’s a profitability argument in there, too. More cars doesn’t necessarily mean more money, and GM can sell a premium Chevelle in the same way it sold the Chevy SS: low in volume and high in price.

I don’t think a V8 is a necessary option, but the premium nature of the Camaro SS and above make an argument to keep the V8 an option, even if other engines are available. I’d like to see a return to engine options for trims, badged as SS376 (6.2L V8) or SS218TT (3.6L twin-turbo). Designations like these allow traditional buyers to stick to their V8, even if an alternative is faster. Both could share other components, such as suspensions and interiors.

Someday, car enthusiasts will look back and love these cars, but emerging technologies may make cars a lot faster, more fun, or more interesting. We can’t be too stubborn to enjoy what new options come out in time.
No no I agree the V8 won't get extinct. But you're now paying for one and in the future you'll pay even more. I wouldn't be surprised if in say 5 yrs if the "SS" is still around it'd be a base of $80K+

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote