View Single Post
Old 05-21-2021, 12:10 PM   #13
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
The price seems reasonable I guess for a new truck....Just wondering how it compares to comparable ICE Ford trucks...

One thing irks me about EV pricing is if it's higher than usual, it gets explained away by stating in general what you will save in gas. This is too arbitrary and should not be a justification for what EVs cost.

All we have heard is how much less complex and inexpensive to build, and becoming less expensive over time to build better batteries, less required maintenance and operating expenses, etc.,etc.

These major changes to EVs over ICE should show up in a less expensive vehicle to purchase and not be based on what a comparable ICE vehicle costs.

Pass these supposed savings on to the customers with a better, significantly lower MSRP than ICE vehicles, and EVs will be even more popular.
A crew cab F-150 5.5 foot bed 4X4 with the only option being the 5.0 starts at 48K so the Lightning XLT starting at 53 seems fair, IIRC it comes with some nicer features standard like a 12" screen. Add the 302A package to a regular F-150 to get some the features the lightning has standard and you are at 51.8.

If you really wanted apples to apples powerwise add the 3.5 ecoboost and you are 52.4 or if you add the power boost to get some of that electric goodness you are at 54.3 so I would say it's priced right in line with a comparable gas F-150

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
rhetorical... but how many people does EV put out of business? No need for mechanics (well less), no need for oil change techs, parts departments...etc

Places like auto parts stores and quick lubes better be preparing for a grim future.
On the contrary they might see a boom as people hold on to ICE vehicles longer and refuse to change.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote