View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 02:56 PM   #14
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
I wired a camera that required a switched and unswitched power line (standby mode). It also has a line that goes to the rear camera. Here's a few pictures that may help. Use the method above to pull off the A pillar and top center trim pieces. A note of caution. The driver's side a pillar has the Bluetooth mic behind the small hole. It will pull loose easily. Only held in by a clip and some rubber cement. Check it before putting the trim back on. On the passengers side, there is a slot in the pillar that you can fish the wires through. I used a piece of steel wire as a fish tape.

Name:  20180617_180952.jpg
Views: 2030
Size:  173.8 KB

I ran the wires to the rubber plug that is just above the top door hinge. Cut a small slot and pull the wires through. The wires can then be run to the fuse box or the auxiliary buss bar behind the box. Easy way to get to the power and not go through the firewall. I put the wires in split plastic conduit and ran it through the fender over the wheel well. Hope this helps.

Name:  20180617_181109-1.jpg
Views: 1874
Size:  89.2 KB

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote