View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 01:47 AM   #194
Ajmalian

Drives: 2017 ZL1 and 2016 GMC Sierra Denali
6TH GEN CAMARO:

I had or rather still have a 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, so obviously, whatever I have to suggest is from a 2010's perspective. If I mention something that is already out in a later model, then please do excuse my ignorance.

Here we go:

- Like the Corvette, give the Camaro its own identity. Subtle 'bowtie' touches are fine, however not like it is on the Camaro. Everyone knows a Camaro is a Chevy, like they do with the Vettes. Lets lose some of the bowies. Not all, just some. Perhaps the old school badges, "Camaro by Chevrolet".

- I agree with everyone else here, the paint is way too weak. Sometimes I feel I could walk past my car without even touching it and I could have very well left some scratches on the paint work.

- The ride height indeed can be lowered

- Vehicle needs a weight loss program.

- Vehicle needs nicer seats. In the sense something that is comfortable as is now, however also something that will hold you in place while cornering, rather than being flung against the door or passenger during the cornering.

- Magnetic ride like the CTS-V, ZR1, ZL1 and 1LE.

- A slightly bigger block, perhaps a 6.4L, 480HP-490HP (Might as well just round it off to 500HP!! )

- Tilting mirrors while vehicle is in reverse.

- A softer clutch pedal. I can't hold mine pushed in for more than 2-3 minutes. The pedal just springs back up!! My friend's Shelby, I can sit AAALLLLL day long with my foot rested on his clutch pedal and I wouldn't even twitch a muscle.

- Avoid cheap HOLLOW plastic on the interior, especially around the dash board. More quality material may be used like leather, aluminum and carbon fiber.

- I've grown used to it now but could seriously do with a new and improved design that attends to the "inside-out" visibility aspect of things.

- Include a 7"-8" screen head-unit with navigation, reverse camera and so on and so forth.

- I know the 2011's onward have HUD but since I don't because I was an earlier model, HUD would be nice right from the start.

- A dual clutch transmission for the automatic transmissions would be a first for an American car I imagine.

- Must retain the halo lights even in the 6th generation.

- Wider but lighter weight wheels.

- The car has a decent sized boot, but the access to it is ridiculously small. The access to the boot must be made bigger.

- Could also do with lane change assist and blind spot warnings.

- A nicer exhaust note with dual mode valves. It should sound something like what the new Corvette C7.

And that's all I can say from the top of my head... let's see what all we get to see in the 6th GEN CAMAROS!!!

Last edited by Ajmalian; 01-26-2013 at 01:38 PM.
Ajmalian is offline   Reply With Quote