View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 07:16 PM   #3
Eos

Drives: Camaro Coupé 2.0T AT8 (EU version)
Hi Nick!,

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldes View Post
How's the car doing? Everything like you expected to be? Enough power, no issues with the A8, lots of attention? I'm just curious for your impressions
Thank you very much for asking me!!
Well.. I'm quite satisfied with my Camaro Turbo and really love it! The engine is powerful enough for the Italian roads and is not drinking too much indeed: at the moment it's providing an average of 10 km/L without being too focused on economy driving or going slow.
The 8-speed automatic transmission is quite smooth and I don't feel like the car would need something different, as a dual-clutch for example. Very positive.

Bad things I really don't like are the engine sound (I really can't stand the note of the exhaust) and some minor design faults, as the missing front sensors and the not-so-ergonomic safety belts mounting points: they tend to be giving issues to passengers willing to take place on the rear seats (and the metal bracket can accidentally fall against the body of the car).

That said, I would buy the car again if I could: I'm quite happy with it and it's not feeling "gummy" at all when driven on our narrow and curvy roads.

It's a real eye-catcher: lots of people turn their heads and some of the most passionate even show a proud thumb-up and big smiles!! It is funny, but I'm starting getting used to it now.

The first time I washed it by hand, two police patrols stopped by and came in the washing lot. They looked and asked a lot of questions about the car (price, engine power output, etc.).. makes me proud of my Camaro, even if it's not a supercar.

I hope I did give an idea..

See you!!,
Eos
Eos is offline   Reply With Quote