View Single Post
Old 03-29-2019, 05:58 AM   #33
kwav8r
Flyin NOE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 (A10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby35ny View Post
ROLL MODE? Please do tell!
Blip the throttle to the floor and it'll go into Performance Shift Mode. Trans will downshift to the gear that puts the revs at about 4K and keep you in that range (~4K to Redline RPM). If you're driving twisties it'll downshift much more aggressively as you slow going into a corner. Sets you up for coming out of a corner to get on it. Car will go back into Normal mode after a few seconds of normal driving, or you can slide the stick over to manual mode and back and it'll go right back to normal.

Another option is to hold the down shift paddle for three seconds. Trans will drop three (?) gears but will put you into manual mode until you do the move as above to put it back into normal mode. I used this once or twice.

As for manual shifting, it's a case of getting used to it. I use it now before entering the highway (downshift into 6 or 7 ahead of getting on it) and in around town when I feel like it. I recommend upshifting when you get above 3-4K and downshifting when you're below 2-3K. Otherwise the shifts can be a little 'abrupt' (to be fair, the car will give you what you ask for). As I've gotten more used to it I now find I do it without looking at the tach.

As for your previous mods. There is a little hesitation off the line with the A10, a green filter and TM TB cleaned that right up for me. I also found the throttle to be more sensitive when driving road courses and back roads.
kwav8r is offline   Reply With Quote