Thread: Lt4 blower swap
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2020, 11:15 AM   #39
Eldi Z

Drives: 17' 1SS 1LE GBA-Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
IMO that is conservative, I like that. I'd do GM's high 9s (on 93) and work on the exhaust with either CA cat deletes move the 02 behind the second cats, or for an auto LT with cats. I know I'm "avant garde now" Also RotoFab, both mods reduce pumping losses so it is stress-free HP, which is longevity HP, ported tb and snout too. I figure the blower is probably optimized for high 9s and a 6.2 liter engine (never saw an efficiency map on it), I figure the aftermarket is doing plus 70 to plus 100 on a LT4 so dunno 12 to 14 PSI which has to be WAY off the efficiency map. We are dealing with a temp rise in either case, either before the intake valve or mechanical compression.

I hope others with the actual build will chime in. I would expect the build to be very responsive and fun.
I think that the maximum boost levels that most tuners recommend for this relatively small 1.7 blower is ~ 10-11 PSI - No more.
Again, lets have people with this set-up chime in with more information.

Thing is, that I would not like to impair the emissions requirements, by deleting the CATs and potentially fail smog tests.

Regarding intake: The stock inbox can be modified (I.E. Drill openings at the bottom): i would like to remain with a panel filter too - There has been no significant (if any) gains proven by using a conic/round shaped filter (I.E. K&N, Rotofab, Etc.).
Ported TB is already installed BtW (Soler)
Eldi Z is offline   Reply With Quote