View Single Post
Old 06-16-2016, 01:35 PM   #5
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I've heard that one of the biggest problems with pro sports in Las Vegas is tourists. A new team attracts a lot of buzz and excitement from tourists. Locals don't really want to spend their evenings with out of towners during their time off, so they rapidly lose interest in going to the games. And after a few seasons, the novelty wears off and tourist attendance drops at the games. Since there is a very limited local fanbase, the team is forced to either move or fold.

I don't see why an NHL team in Vegas would be any better at breaking that pattern than any of the other failed teams they've had in other sports. Off the top of my head, I can probably think of a half dozen other cities that would have better long term success than Las Vegas.

Quebec City certainly deserves to have a team again. They'll probably get the 2nd expansion team, but with Bettman you never know.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote