View Single Post
Old 06-23-2021, 12:39 PM   #10
MR2Aaron

Drives: 2021 Camaro 1SS, 2012 Scion iQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
Sell it and buy the car you truly wanted. Now is the best time to sell one if you are not happy. If it was me and I felt like you, I wouldn't be able to talk myself into settling for something when I wanted something else.

Sorry, I know you want people to talk you into feeling better about your choice, but when I'm buying something like a Camaro, I'm buying the one I want. If you take a bit of a loss... Lesson Learned... Still better to get into what you want, then settle... (In my opinion...!)
This. I looked at an LT1 before I bought my SS, (almost bought it) but I regularly find myself thinking "Man, I'm glad I paid the few bucks extra for this SS." The color alone was a big deal for me. I forget what color the LT1 was, but I wanted "red hot." I'm glad I held out.

You may be able to sell your LT1 to Vroom for enough that you don't really take much of a loss, anyway. Then, just sit tight for supply to come back and buy what you really want. I know that's not terribly helpful advice if you're in a situation where you need *a car,* and I'm telling you to sell your only one, with no hope of buying the one you want immediately. Still, it sounds like the SS is really what you wanted.
MR2Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote