View Single Post
Old 01-03-2021, 08:47 AM   #37
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
If it was the same price as the ZL1 then I would probably still get the ZL1 just because it has all the options the GT500 has plus a lot more options that are not available on the GT500. That is if I had to pick only one. If I could buy a GT500 right now for ZL1 money then I absolutely would.

Same with the HC. I would pick the HC over the GT500 just because of better options. I also do not think the DCT is all that on the GT500. I mean, it is just an expensive option and I don't see any advantage that it gave the GT500 over the competition. The A10 is lightning fast as it is and allows the ZL1 to be geared perfectly. Same with the A8 in the HC. Ford would have been better off putting a modified A8 or A10 in the GT500 and keeping the price down. But with that trans it just seems misplaced...like a clown wearing a tuxedo.

And yes you gotta pay to play. But I will not overpay to play. Idaho got his ZL1 for $10K cheaper than he would have gotten a GT500. Again, that is with the same options plus options the GT500 doesn't have. That extra $10K in mods will get him to over 800 RWHP on pump gas and over 900 on race or E85. Put that same money in the GT500 and you'll still be right around the same level of power but heavier. And then we're already seeing those engines starting to have failures while the ZL1 is pretty solid. So there is no advantage even when modding the GT500. You're just gonna spend even more money.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote