View Single Post
Old 04-03-2021, 04:32 PM   #22
carguy55

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrptrks View Post
Add me to the list...driver's side only from what I can see. I think it happened a year or more ago. I only drove on the stock tires but it is possible that the first owner may have used a sticky set of track tires. The stain definitely was not there when I bought the car. I thought it was some liquid that got on the car while driving but hydraulic fluid from the bushing leaking makes more sense since it is not on the underside of the car.

Maybe this is why my shifter shakes back and forth quite a bit more than it used to while in gear? I did not notice any change in handling feel or lap times although I was less familiar with the car's limits before the fluid leaked so lap times might not be a fair point of comparison.

Think it is safe to continue driving the way it is indefinitely? Will the bushing fail or cause additional tire wear now that the hydraulic fluid has leaked out?

Will I need to take the car in for another alignment if I install new bolts and FEA (ZL1 1LE) links or BMR spherical bearings on the OEM links?
Yours's is doing it too! That makes 2 of us. Yes you'll need a new alignments after you change these. I'm still running on mine but have the parts in hand so maybe do it this summer.