View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 10:18 AM   #20
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlezone580 View Post
If you take a ZL1 1LE and gut the interior, how much weight are you going to save? At most a Z/28 would be pushing low 3700's, unless you start removing safety features like airbags, bumpers, etc.

Does anyone seriously believe the 6th Gen Camaro can be close to the same weight as the Z06 (Curb weight: 3,524 to 3,582 lbs)

Lets now assume they cut the weight, and need to develop a new N/A engine to compete with the ZL1 1LE. That's time and money, for what? The LT4 is an amazing engine, that has been proven.

I hate to say it, but I don't see a Z/28 making a return with the alpha chassis. Not trying to be negative, just realistic.
Exactly, I don't see anyway to get a Camaro that light, unless they use some expensive materials. I think they can do a 6th gen Z/28, it just needs a different approach than the the 5th gen car had. See below

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbambino22 View Post
A Z/28 would weigh 3710 just by putting a LT1 engine in a ZL1 1LE without anything else being changed. Carbon fiber wheels @20lbs each would put the Z/28 at 3682. That alone is still cheaper than a ZL1 MSRP. Most people want a more powerful Z but reality is that the Z/28 wasn't the top camaro until then 5th gen. It's doesn't need to be now.
The first step IMO, would be that people need to accept a 6th gen Z/28 most likely won't be the top dog. The 5th gen car was, but future models dont need to be.

My recipe for a 6th gen Z/28 is pretty much follow the grand sport formula. Start with a SS 1LE, give it all the go fast suspension bits from the ZL1 1LE. Powerplant, IMO a hot LT1 would be just fine. Think LS1 to LS6.

It would easily be the top performing NA Camaro, probably in the upper 50 range price wise maybe low 60s.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote