View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 08:49 PM   #1091
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by revychevy View Post
?
What is your deal Lowdown? Is it a personal affront to you if I don't like a 4cylinder Camaro?

Note that I have not said that they WON'T make another 4 banger Camaro, I just said I don't like it, and that I fear they will reprise the Iron duke.

The arguments are the same as then.

So tell me why I can't like V6 and V8 better than 4 banger and V8?
Of course you can. It just doesn't seem sensible that you need to endlessly repeat the same litany of disdain for the 4-cylinder version for what, a dozen consecutive pages or more. There's a name for that condition...

...and BTW, the Iron Duke died about 2 decades ago, and it isn't coming back. You'll be hurt to know there are actually folks who miss that engine (in applications OTHER than Camaro!). It was an anvil of an engine, but you're safe. You can come out now...it's gone...

And NO, the arguments are very much DIFFERENT from an engineering standpoint. Power-to-Weight matters (as it always should have), and modern 4-cylinder engines deliver GREAT power, GREAT economy and GREAT performance, when engineered thoroughly into selected vehicles.

Question (that should be of REAL concern to you): What's the price differential for BMW, Mercedes and Audi, when going from a 4-cylinder version of their cars to their V8s? From their 6s to their V8s? And, finally, from their 4s to their 6s?

Smart folks, those Germans, nein? Profitable, too...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote