View Single Post
Old 06-29-2020, 11:54 AM   #33
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafourche1 View Post
It is more expensive to try to build a Camaro SS into a ZL1 than it is to just buy the ZL1. There are a couple of people that always pop up and say that you can do this cheaper. However, when challenged they never provide any type of line item listing for the costs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
I disagree here, it is relatively cheap to bolt on and E85 a LT1, FBO I did beat a Hellcat thru the gears, he was closing on me in when I shut down at 110 MPH. Probably near even in a 1/4 mile both of us on street tires not DRs (Hellcat high trap for sure). I felt FBO on the M6 (still could use NLS) was a near ideal street car, light, fun, bout as much power that can bee hooked to the ground. There are cheap was to do this too, for instance a Pray ported intake and LT5 TB (stock off the shelf) is really near a MSD and 103 MM, for 1/3 the price......
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
I never claimed the SS could be built into a Zl1, obviously FBO is about and limited to engine performance not handling, ergonomics etc.
Seems you did disagree with my statement that it is more expensive to build an SS into a ZL1.
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote