View Single Post
Old 03-21-2023, 09:16 AM   #70
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP374 View Post
Ok so my t87 file must’ve been on the older version then. Good to know. Thanks for verifying it Radz28
No problem. I just don't like HPTuners stating you get more access with their T93 than their competition's T87A, but whatever. I'll probably still send mine in, just for a back-up.

I'm not TCM guy either, but with have played with mine, a little outside of the normal TORQUE-limiter-type-stuff. I would recommend Elite Tuning School's course for these tranny's though. That helped me some. I also took a training on the older 6-Speed TCM, and have that controller in my Sonic, and learned a little bit from that, too. I'm not sure how helpful any of that training was (or effective I am, lol), but I was able to get more favorable (to me) behavior from my Sonic with a few changes.

That TORQUE limitation is the biggest gain though. Keeping the THROTTLE open and getting COMMANDED SPARK is critical to get the most out of the tune. King's posted a lot of that stuff already.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote