View Single Post
Old 01-06-2021, 04:39 PM   #97
Paintslinger16
Two Lane Blacktop

Drives: '18 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
There was a time when it was. It doesn't matter any more. What's it worth, how likely is it to get stolen, how terrible is your driving record, and where is it parked most of the time? Those are the major factors that determine rate of premium - not how many seating surfaces it has.
Yep I doesn’t it matter. engine size and credit score effect your rate more then it being a passenger car.

My reason was, it’s supposed to be 2+2 otherwise it’s just a Vette coupe.

My wife has been in the back sitting sideways but it does work.

High HP bragging? probably, but count the threads about adding FBO or Blower? The only thing that beats it is, I added XYZ part, do I need a tune?
The answer is always Yes. But I digress.
People want HP, if the Mopar or even worst the Blue Oval offer more then we as Bowtie guys are obligated to ask to up the ante or at least try to keep up.
It’s going to be at a premium, and that is one of the ways that cars actually became collectible.
My ‘18 HB SS as much I wish it was, is not unique it’s never going to be worth more then. Any other one.

The GT 500 and Hellcats are going to be the collectibles the 5th Z/28 is, maybe the Hotwheels will be in the 6gen, but that’s appearance package only.
Put a cam in a factory over bored 376 at least.
Paintslinger16 is offline   Reply With Quote