View Single Post
Old 01-06-2021, 09:21 AM   #7445
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
I believe the Camaro is best at the segment's mission as a performance focused vehicle. I think the segment makes a poor daily driver regardless of your choice here. However, the segment does make a sexy one if you're willing to accept the shortcomings. I guess on the Camaro though, the buying public as a whole clearly agrees with you and exactly why i'm saying the autopsy will be important for the EV rebirth. We're going to end up with something completely different if we get a Camaro at all.
Definitely. As a performance vehicle its cleary number 1 in the segment and I would have to even say it's a world class performance car in the right trim levels.

The problem is the majority of camaros sold don't fall into those categories so the only other explanation is the other two are better at being cars first. As painful as it is for enthusiasts to admit unless its a halo vehicle(Corvette) you need volume to justify it's existence. And as painful as it is for enthusiasts to admit, sometimes that means catering to the average person more than the enthusiast. I am fully confident GM could have still made the best performing car in the class and a better coupe at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Just to add fuel to this fire...

Corvette outsold Camaro in Q4 2020.
ouch, that shouldn't happen
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote