View Single Post
Old 12-23-2020, 10:52 AM   #8153
Idaho2018GTPremium

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Waiting for this guy to show up and ruin your thread over there!! HAHAHAHA!!

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/thr...ro-zl1.152382/
HA! So far the few replies have been cordial with a couple of congrats. I think most realize the ZL1 is a big step up from a '18 GT A10 PP1 w/ MagneRide and, surprisingly, no one has suggested I get a GT500 instead. Probably because the price difference. After building a similarly equipped base GT500 ($78k), that's way more than I'll pay for my ZL1. When it comes down to it, the value to performance of the ZL1 can't be beat. Sure, the GT500 is more powerful and quicker (in a straight line), but the ZL1 is plenty powerful and a lot less expensive after rebates/discounts. Anyway, I'm preaching to the choir on that stuff. I could build a GT350 for a similar price to the ZL1, but it's obviously much less powerful. If it had, say, 510+ rwhp (i.e., 580+ crank hp) for the same price (most dynos I've seen are in the 465-470 rwhp range) I probably would have considered it more than I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyz View Post
I regularly take my daughter and niece out in the car. They are 13 and 14 years old just over 5 feet. They love it. My little guy sits in the front. I’m sure they will be happy especially if you are ripping on it like I do.
Good to know. I guess it's tolerable for teens for a little while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-99SS View Post
Kids in the back of a Camaro - pfff, easy fit. We were in our 20's piling in the back of 4th gens and didn't complain a bit because at least we weren't forced to ride in Mom's Astro or a crappy Cavalier (yes I had one of those too - 92 Z24 sadly automatic).
Yes, I think I had 5 in my 3rd gen Z28 once as a 16 year old dummy...although that wasn't fun for the three in the back. I don't recall if I ever put an adult in the back of my '95 Trans Am while in college in the early 2000s...

This past summer I was out with a couple of friends and I was the DD. They had both driven separately to meet up with me, but I took both of them home - we stuffed a grown 5'-11" man in the back of my Mustang - it wasn't pretty, but he survived.

Past:
2018 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP1, MR, and A10
2007 MazdaSpeed3
1995 Pontiac Trans Am
1987 Camaro Z28

Idaho2018GTPremium is offline   Reply With Quote