View Single Post
Old 05-17-2015, 11:12 PM   #26
V6CamaroRS

Drives: '14 V6 RS, DM Exhaust, Sunroof
All I can say is... THANK YOU CHEVY!

When I went to purchase my Gen5 Camaro, I had four major concerns that had been holding me back:

1. Rear visibility
2. The lack of electronics in the "retro" interior. Especially the lack of things like bluetooth and Onstar remote-start.
3. Usefullness of the back seats
4. The visibility of the instrument cluster

#2 was taken care of when Chevy (finally!) offered MyLink as an option. This also resulted in an improvement to the backup camera, taking care of #1. #3 was taken care of in the refresh when the length apparently got a smidgen longer to help get those kids back there.

#4 remains a major issue. The instrument panel is nearly useless in its current configuration. If it weren't for the HUD, it would be undrivable!

Thank God Chevy paid attention and fixed it in the new interior. Not only is the instrument panel highly visible, it's merged into a single LCD like I was hoping for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trans damm View Post
Is the hud the color version ?
Looks like the same color HUD that is currently offered. Albeit with different graphics.

Considering that the current HUD is - to the best of my knowledge - the top of the line HUD that Chevy offers, it's really not a problem if it hasn't been upgraded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIanB View Post
Love the light strip trick. Nice detail. Hope available on all trims.
Does anyone else have the current light strip? Mine had it on the lot, so I happen to have it in my car. It's rather cool looking at night, but not really something I would have paid for if it wasn't already there.

I'm not really sure about the new layout of the strip, either. The current strip runs along the door from the bottom-back of the door in a smooth arc to the top-front. This one is weirdly kinked around the door-area. Seems a bit.. tacky?

I dunno. Maybe it will look better in person.