View Single Post
Old 02-28-2021, 03:22 PM   #1
Big Lebowski

Drives: 022 C8 Z51 Red Mist HTC
A little bit of sun, garage beverages & a Challenger

Some much needed sun, brought out the cars this weekend in the Midwest. We almost hit 50F and you’d think we were heading for 80.

A buddy recently traded his 50th Anniversary SS Camaro in for a 2021 Challenger R/T Scatpack. He’s working his way through owning all the modern “muscle cars” and he brought it over yesterday, and let me take it out for a spin.

Initial impressions are photos don’t do it justice. It is a very cool looking suv...I mean car. But it is big. I consider the Camaro to be big, but it dwarfed my ZL1.

It is nicely built and really solid. Some of the badging in vinyl was a little low rent, but overall very cool. The interior is roomy with a few more spots for incidentals (sunglasses, phone, etc.) and a wicked cool huge touchscreen that is angled nicely at the driver (as opposed to the cup holder). For all the complaining about the Camaro, the Challenger backseat was barely larger. Yes, rear visibility was better, but still a sports car.

I’m not going to get too deep into performance, as the two are not Apples to Apples, but for the size it has got some giddy up, for sure. The seats were really comfortable and the dash is easy to read. For him, this will be his DD year round and should do nicely 360 or so days a year in Chicago.

It was fun to talk cars and share a few frosty beverages (chilled nicely in the snow bank) but while the Challenger was fun to test drive, I’ll keep my Camaro!
Attached Images