View Single Post
Old 02-08-2020, 11:45 AM   #1
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Blaqwhole's Android-X ultimate build thread!!

So I figured I might as well start a build thread since I am planning to mod my ZL1 this year. I'll also do updates on my other vehicles as well...as I mod them.

My ZL1 is a 2017 that I bought brand new back in March/April of 2017. It is black and has A10 trans, CF exposed hood insert, Nav, PDR, and sunroof! Other add-ons were the car cover, battery charger, and the wheel locks. I got it with $3K in rebates. I traded in a Mustang GT and a Camaro SS For this car. Anyway the first round of mods consisted of RF cai, Katech ported TB, VTC to make the throttle more lively, and a MBRP stainless steel 3 inch catback!! Although I am satisfied with the performance it has, I do want more. And, let's face it, the competition is getting faster and faster. So I made the decision to start modding it this Summer.

So if the bolt-ons I did were stage 1 of my build, I guess the stage 2 will be LTs, blower swap, remote tune, and Big Gulp cai. I'm looking to make in the neighborhood of 650 to 700 RWHP but with a safe mild to moderate tune on 93 octane and with everyday drive-ability. So I am looking at TSP 2" LTS with the Maggie Heartbeat 2650 blower. I want the 2650 as I think that will give me everything I need for now with the potential to turn it up in the future. Stage 3 will include cam install if I decide to go that far. And I know the 2650 will be able to support whatever I can throw at it. In the meantime I am looking at the differences between the 2650, the Whipple 2.9, the E-Force, and PC centri blowers. Although I am pretty much set on the 2650, you never really know...

So I'll be updating this with info and pics and whatever I find out during my quest to kill the competition. I'll also update this as I mod and do maintenance on my cars. Or even just to benchmark and report on living with these cars (ZL1, Hellcat, X5) everyday when interesting things occur. So stay tuned.

BTW, her name is "Android-X"!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote