View Single Post
Old 12-01-2020, 02:37 PM   #7947
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
What is interesting is that the lower trim Camaros and Challengers (4cyl turbo and SXT model respectively) all have the same capacity as their top tier counterparts. The Camaros are 19 gallons while the Challengers are 18.5 gallons. Ford is the only one that put such a small capacity on their Pony Car. Perhaps it was to save costs or for EPA legal stuff...like maybe going with a smaller tank gave them some kind of incentives from the government or something. I don't know. But I doubt they would have gone that route knowing they would be making a 760 HP supercharged 4100 pound version of the Mustang in just 5 years.
True, don't forget what martin brought up earlier though. The Camaro shares that stuff with Cadillac that needs long range cruising ability and the Challenger shares its platform from way back in the day and is overall a larger car so in a way it makes sense that those cars have larger tanks the Mustang does.

Quote:

I imagine that Ford built the GT500 strong enough to handle a lot and this may have been a tune issue. Or operator issues...like perhaps Stangmode grenaded his car for views and stuff. Or it is just a publicity stunt. It is hard to tell when it comes to YT celebrities and such. I honestly might fall back on ridiculing Ford for this simply because it came from a YTer. These guys always have to be the first to do everything. First to hit 9s, first to tune, first to make 917 RWHP, first to blow up their engine. If it came from a relatively unknown person then it might hold more weight. And considering that SM and SP both are having issues with their Shelbys, I'm gonna go ahead and assume it is just publicity. For now...

It seems like this time the wording is different than what they used with the GT350s and the PP2. It kinda feels like Ford does not want these cars at the track at all. I'll keep my eye out for updates.
You would think since the 03/04 were pretty bullet proof as was the 07-14s but like you said who the hell knows.

It does seem a bit different. I think the 350 owners supplement was a little clearer than the 500s is but this is one area Ford was always blah on, no clarity super vague.

Quote:

Yea I think I mentioned that he is highly modded at this point. I mean, cams and such. Again, I'm starting to wonder if it is just an attention seeking thing or if it is legit. It's just kinda suspicious that him AND SP both are having issues at the same time. And some other dude has a highly modded GT500 and is having issues. These days these YT guys are all looking for new content to keep their viewers hooked. I lost my job, my wife cheated on me, my dog ran away, my daughter is pregnant...and all sorts of other non car related stuff to keep their soap opera going, lol!! Maybe blowing up an engine like the GT500 is the golden ticket for now.

Gotta keep those social media views up thats how they earn that youtube money!
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote