View Single Post
Old 12-01-2020, 11:10 AM   #54
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaska View Post
I'm sure AWE went through the research and determined that a valved exhaust wasn't worth the development on the Camaro platform. They have tones of sales, I'm assuming, with their standard axle back be it touring or race. I find it silly that people aren't buying X exhaust because it doesn't have the valve option. It's their choice but in the end they are missing out waiting for a company to cater to a very small market. You could buy a touring AWE exhaust and pay extra to get valves fabricated in, but I don't know why you would want to. I see it as paying more, like with Borla NPP, just to make it quieter. The thing that sold me on AWE was the low drone at cruising and their 4.5" diamond tips, I'd take those two over valves any day.
AWE makes great systems and the touring sounds great with no drone, but it is too loud for me at this point. If they had a valved system I may be a buyer, but I can't see there being much value in them offering NPP functionality either. Factory system is pretty tame too, NPP functionality on that makes less sense than the louder aftermarket systems for sure.

Often times things we don't understand seem silly. I live in a place where the functionality of valves is very useful and valuable. We all love loud sometimes, but other times it creates problems or undesired attention for some of us. That said, from the OP's standpoint I do agree with your sentiment and comments based on what he wants.

I think the Borla-S sounds much better, so it's a moot point anyway.