View Single Post
Old 04-25-2021, 02:01 PM   #69
Uboatcmdr

Drives: 928
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320it View Post
Obviously the sales manager and you don't know what you are talking about. The pandemic and semi conductor shortage has a serious effect on production and the supply chain.

Source: I work for a major automaker at head office. Your sales manager doesn't know much.

Maybe she doesn't, BUT maybe she does (not my sales manager). I did a bit of a news search and found SPORADIC shortages of SPECIFIC chips that have caused SHORT shutdowns for many different brands, above mentioned fuel saving chip, climate control and jeep interior buttons to name a few. The news sources say it was because of canceled orders from last summer and for Jeep the texas cold weather. But those stories all said that those chip makers are now working hard to fill the demand.

Camaro stands out as the longest shutdown I could find. SHE said it was a GM CHOICE because of LOW demand and profits.

MY POINT > Once GM decides to produce Camaro's again they can satisfy all Customers like me and the handful of other factory order people active on this forum/thread because general demand sucks.

Since you are so knowledgeable about all this WHICH SPECIFIC CHIP AND ITS FUNCTION UNIQUE TO CAMARO is the CAUSE?? please post link
Uboatcmdr is offline   Reply With Quote