View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 11:54 PM   #25
thundercrakcer

Drives: Summit White 2SS, M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrpilotman321 View Post
2SS M6 - I was VERY skeptical going into this. I bought the intake expecting that there wouldn't be any noticeable performance gains. Man, was I wrong. I noticed how responsive the car became. The car picks up quicker in the lower RPMs. The throttle inputs feels smoother, and, the bog that I usually felt at lower RPMs is gone. The car is simply breathing better if that makes any sense. It sounds great by the way.

I'm not sure if this particular set up is worth the money for some of you. There are cheaper alternatives that (possibly) create more hp and tq. But, keeping the car's warranty is important to me which is why I stuck to the GMPP intake. Mind you that I am "butt dyno-ing" so I don't have any solid evidence to share with you all. In all seriousness, there is a noticeable difference. That's for sure.

If anybody has dyno results or personal experiences, please feel free to share! Also, I read an article somewhere online that says the car gets something like 11 hp and 27 ft lbs of tq without a tune. Not sure how accurate that information is.
I got the GMPP intake as well. I confirmed before purchase and before I picked it up at the dealership that it does come with the "tune" which is actually just a re-calibration for the MAF.

I installed it myself, because it is really simple to do. Took about 30 mins with the basic tools.

As for the performance gains, 5-6whp is not noticeable. However, where it does become noticeable is the throttle response. Those of you that have experienced the throttle lag, this will not completely resolve it, but it will reduce it dramatically. That only counts when the nannies are on of course, once you go into competitive mode there is no lag that I have experienced yet.

For the sound difference, I cannot say much because I already had Flowmaster Outlaws and xpipe on, but it did make it a little deeper.

Now, when I installed the kit, I did it at the dealership, right in the parking lot. I wasn't able to get in to do the flash because it was a busy day and had no appointment made. When I drove home, I did feel like it was sluggish compared to the stock intake. Remember, the flash/tune wasn't done yet.

Once the flash was done, that is when the real difference was noticeable. The response was immediate, and there was a couple of times I could feel the tires breaking free under WOT, nannies on by the way.

So, is it worth it? absolutely, especially if you want to keep the warranty. Is 1 or 2whp gain over the GMPP worth a potential voided warranty, or a "better looking" cai worth it? absolutely not.

But to each there own, it is your car and do what you want with it. But I'm glad I waited and took the chance on the GMPP. I just wish it didn't cost as much as it does.