View Single Post
Old 10-27-2020, 11:48 PM   #9619
Davescamaro

Drives: Chevy camaro
Got a question for the home defense gurus and enthusiasts. I am not new to firearms due to my weapons quals from the usaf (security forces), but I am in the process of building my stock and new remington 870 shotgun.
Far as accessories to aide in home defense, I have so far the ar15 6 point collapseable stock (for my wife to use as well as me) for ease of use, came with a 5 round saddle, I've also added a gel pack recoil reducer at the tail end. I have also added a side saddle 4 round with top rail in conjunction with a red dot sight. Added a magpul forend along with 7 rail flashlight combo of 1200 lumens (really bright). Added recently a Carlson +2 mag extension combo and brownell mag dent removal along with a 20" smooth bore rifled slug barrel. I'm using 7.5 ounce birdshot brick as my only ammo available.
Do you think it's a decent build for a home defense gun. Wife did not approve of an ar15 due to velocity lol.